Asocams is an association conformed by young farmers following the footsteps of their parents’. Looking for a better and more secure market for their products. Asocams is a new association and their main aim is to improve a better return on their coffees and in turn help other families within the community. Farmers in this region have been working the land for over 50 years, growing sugar cane, cocoa and coffee. A typical family consists of a father, mother and a few children that they all help with in the farm.
The main objectives of the project are to continue improving in the following areas:
- Better coffee varietals
- Train and develop the knowledge of the newer generations from seed to cupping
- Improve the “wet mill” process as well as other associates productive units.
- Construction of coffee green houses or “marquesinas” and a continues improvement in the member housing facilities.
- Continue to empower the areas and human beings which have been affected by violence and conflict.
- Environmental: Caring for and maintaining the water supply in other to guarantee a consistent quality coffee.
- Education: Continue to work with educational centres to provide a global understanding of coffee as a crop and bond that keeps the community together and active.